Eastern Sports currently has the following opportunities:
Community Sport Deliverer:
Eastern Community Sport and Recreation (ECSR) are looking for a passionate community sport deliverer who is able to implement school sport programmes. This position will report to the Community Sport Manager and be responsible for increasing the number of primary school-aged children participating in in-school and out-of-school organised sport activity. The community sport deliverer will develop children’s fundamental skills that will enable them to participate in activities, sport and recreation around the local community and sports clubs. The role involves working alongside teachers to help develop physical activity in schools and will also assist with the Oscar after school and holiday programmes with a focus on delivering sport and physical activities.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent coach and communicator with children. The role will require someone who is passionate about keeping children active and engaged, forward thinking and can quickly adapt to different situations.
Key competencies for the position are listed below:
• Relevant Sport Management, Sport Coaching or Physical Education Degree or similar qualification.
• Coaching capability (demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience).
• Understanding child behaviour.
• Demonstrated understanding of coaching theory.
• Wide knowledge of skills learning across a variety of traditional and non-traditional sports .
• Knowledge and experience with sport and recreation programme development and delivery and event planning skill.
• Understanding and ability to deliver opportunities of creative play.
• Evidence of successfully working with Children in a sporting context
A full position description can be provided on request, please contact the Community Sport Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0277283005.
Applications should be received no later than Sunday 3rd March 2019 at 5pm and should include a cover letter and CV. To be considered for the position you must have the right to work in New Zealand and have a full driver’s licence.
Please send you applications to the Community Sport Manager: email@example.com
Oscar After School and Holiday Programme:
Are you passionate about getting children active!
Eastern Sports is looking for fun, active people to join our OSCAR after school and holiday programme team. There are casual and part time contracts available. If you can engage with children, think creatively and be part of a team we would like to hear from you. Eastern Sports is a thriving Sports hub connected to other programme and organisations in the community for the right candidate other opportunities may be available. A full drivers licence is an advantage. Please contact Sandra on 0211495230